- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2016-023
- Project: Organic groups (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2016-April-20
- Security risk: 12/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Complex/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables users to create and manage their own ‘groups’. Each group can have subscribers, and maintains a group home page where subscribers communicate among themselves. Selective groups require approval in order to become a member, or even invitation-only groups.
Under the certain field configurations a user is able to subscribe without approval to group that requires approving the membership. Depending on permissions, the user may be able to post content to that group.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Organic groups 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.9.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Organic groups module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Organic groups module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Organic groups 7.x-2.9
Also see the Organic groups project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity
Original URL: https://www.drupal.org/node/2710115