Genius began as a website for decoding rap lyrics and has since evolved into the Internet’s best source for musical knowledge, with more than 40 million monthly unique visitors and tens of thousands of contributing users. Our mission is to be the layer on top of culture that helps you understand and appreciate it—in other words, to “annotate the world.”
Engineers at Genius have an unusual amount of leverage. Although we’re working on a huge project, and although we’ve raised more than $55 million, we’re still a small team. So every engineer is intimately involved in the product planning process. You’ll never work on a feature that you don’t think is a good idea to build.
Engineer in Test
Genius is looking for an Engineer in Test to ensure the quality of our products by leading both our automated and manual testing efforts. As Engineer in Test you’ll push the engineering team as a whole to build better and more robust software by identifying, diagnosing, and following up on issues and building automated testing tools that can keep up with our rapid deploy cycle. Based on strong performance, new hires as Engineer in Test may advance to full-stack engineer or another technical or product role.
- Develop detailed knowledge of Genius’ products and an intuition about how to break it and expose bugs before users do
- Drive adoption of testing best practices, metrics to monitor application changes associated with releases, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures
- Maintain and expand existing automated test suites for the web application frontend (Angular.js) and server backend (Ruby, Rails)
- Evaluate and incorporate new testing and infrastructure tools to increase automated test coverage
- Work with mobile developers and product managers to verify new mobile application features and identity regressions before release
- Follow up on incoming bug reports from staff, users, and exception reporting tools
- Strong background in web design and development, including testing best practice
- Proficiency with at least one general-purpose programming language
- Experience working on and supporting moderately sized to large production applications
- Exceptional candidates will have experience building testing harnesses for large, high-traffic web applications
Original URL: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedsapi/BwPx/~3/1SyQuZj619w/127666