- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-161
- Project: Field as Block (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2015-October-28
- Security risk: 8/25 ( Less Critical) AC:Basic/A:Admin/CI:Some/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables you to take a field from the current entity and place it elsewhere as a block.
The module caches the block output in a manner that could allow sensitive content to be seen by visitors who should not see it.
The problem will only occur when other modules alter field output based on user permissions.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Field as Block 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Field as Block module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Field as Block module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Field as Block 7.x-1.4
Also see the Field as Block project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity
Original URL: https://www.drupal.org/node/2603560