- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-101
- Project: MailChimp (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2015-April-29
- Security risk: 11/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:None/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The MailChimp module allows you to create and manage mailing lists via MailChimp’s API.
The MailChimp Signup submodule does not properly sanitize some user input, allowing a malicious user to embed scripts within a page, resulting in a Cross-site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the “administer mailchimp” permission and the “MailChimp Signup” submodule must be enabled.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance
with Drupal Security Team processes.
- MailChimp 7.x-3.x versions prior to 7.x-3.3. (Mailchimp 7.x-2.x versions are not affected)
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed MailChimp module,
there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the MailChimp module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to MailChimp 7.x-3.3
Also see the MailChimp project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity
Original URL: https://www.drupal.org/node/2480253