Let’s take a quick look at what happened in AWS-land last week:
|Monday, March 16
|Tuesday, March 17
|Wednesday, March 18
|Thursday, March 19
- We announced that Larger (16 TB) and Faster (20,000 IOPS) EBS Volumes are Now Available.
- We announced that Amazon WorkDocs is Now Available in the Asia Pacific (Singapore) Region.
- The AWS Startup Collection pointed the Startup Spotlight at Quixey, Docker, Lyft, ShowShoe, and Zuora.
- The AWS Partner Network Blog revealed New APN Tools to Syndidate AWS Content on Your Website.
- The developers at Applied Trust published Traildash, a dashboard for AWS CloudTrail logs.
- N2W published How-to Backup Active Directory on the AWS Cloud (Part 1).
- Cloud Academy announced Two New Cloud Academy Courses: AWS Database and AWS Networking Fundamentals.
|Friday, March 20
- We announced that you can now Use Amazon CloudWatch Logs in the US West (Northern California) Region.
- We Updated the Amazon SNS Console.
- A post on the AWS Big Data Blog talked about Launching and Running an Amazon EMR Cluster inside a VPC.
- A post on the AWS Ruby Development Blog announced the new AWS-SDK-Railed Gem.
- Evident.io published Top 10 AWS Security Best Practices: #6 – Rotate all the Keys Regularly.
- I published Episode #103 of the AWS Podcast, featuring an interview with Aarti Arianna of HeartGLO.
- The Cloud Academy Blog asked AWS Solutions Architect Associate Level Exam: When Will You Be Ready?
- We added StorReduce for Amazon S3 to AWS Marketplace. It is available for 100 TB, 200 TB, 500 TB, 1 PB, and 2 PB editions.
- We added seven new videos: Working at AWS UK and Ireland, University of Notre Dame Migrates Website to AWS and Lowers its Operational Costs by 40%, JWT Saves 63% on its Backup Solution Running with CTERA on AWS, Simple Builds PCI-Compliant IT Environment on AWS, GLHC Connects Over Six Million Patient Records with Over 120 Hospitals by Using AWS, Crittercism Monitors Over 1 Billion Mobile Apps Using AWS, and Omnifone Stores 3 PB of Data and Streams over 38 Million Songs by Using AWS.
- An active Reddit thread on /r/aws discussed AWS Tagging Standards.
- Tuesday, March 24 – Webinar – Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 on AWS.
- Wednesday, March 25 – Webinar – Amazon RDS for SQL Server.
- Thursday, March 26 – Webinar – Migrating Windows Server 2003 applications to Windows Server 2008/2012 on AWS with APN Partner AppZero.
- Thursday, March 26 – Webinar – – Saving at Scale: How Adobe Manages a Massive Reserved Instance Portfolio – with APN Partner Cloudability and customer Adobe.
- Monday, March 30 – Live Event (San Francisco) – IoT Hack Day: AWS Pop-up Loft Hack Series – Sponsored by Spark.
- Monday, March 30 – Webinar – Getting to 1.5M Ads/Sec: How DataXu Manages Big Data – with APN Partner Qubole and customer DataXu.
- Tuesday, March 31 – Webinar – Cloud E-Discovery: Solving the Right Problems with a Modern Approach – with APN Partner Zapproved and customer Raytheon.
- Thursday, April 2 – Webinar – Strategies for Securing Hybrid Workloads with Level 3 and Cisco.
- Wed, April 8 @ 10 am PT – Webinar – Refining Raw Data for Complete Customer Insight with Amazon Redshift and Pentaho – with APN Partner Pentaho and customer Lucky Group
- AWS Summits.
- April 12-16 – Live Event (Chicago, Illinois) – AWS at HIMSS15.
- April 13-16 – Live Event (Las Vegas, Nevada) – AWS at NAB 2015.
- Friday, April 17 – Webinar – The Power of Automated Cloud DR – With APN Partner CloudVelox.
- April 21-23 – Live Event (Boston, Massachusetts) – AWS at Bio-IT World 2015.
- AWS Summits.
Stay tuned for next week! In the meantime, follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the RSS feed.
Original URL: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AmazonWebServicesBlog/~3/2mrZZ3asrOU/